- Institute for East Asian Studies, Foreign policy for peace and unification, Seoul, 1975.
- Kim, Dae-Jung (Translated by Rhee Tong-Chin), Kim Dae-Jung’s three stage approach to Korean unification: focusing on the North-South confederal stage, Center for Multiethnic and Transnational Studies, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, 1997
- Kim, Il-Sung, For the independent peaceful reunification of Korea, Revised edition, Guardian Associates, New York, 1976.
- Kim, Il-Sung, Selected works, Foreign Language Publishing House, Pyongyang, 1971-1994.
- Kim, Il-Sung, With the century: reminiscences, Foreign Language Publishing House, Pyongyang, 1992-1995.
- Kim, Jong-Il, Selected works, Foreign Language Publishing House, Pyongyang, 1992-1995.
- Kim, Se-jin (ed.), Korean unification: Source Materials, Research Center for Peace and Unification, Seoul, 1976.
- Park, Chung-Hee, Toward peaceful unification: Selected Speeches, Kwangmyong Publishing, Seoul, 1976.
- Son, Key-Young, South Korean engagement policies and North Korea: identities, norms and the sunshine policy, Routledge, New York, 2006.
- Suh, Dae-Sook, Documents of Korean communism, 1918-1948, Princeton University Press, Princeton, 1970.
North-South unification studies
- Kamil Akramov and Charles Wolf, North Korean paradoxes: circumstances, costs, and consequences of Korean unification, Rand, Santa Monica, 2005.
- Choi, Jinwook and Park Sun-Song, The making of a unified Korea: policies, positions, and proposals, Korea Institute for National Unification (KINU), Seoul, 1997.
- Choy, Bong-Youn, A history of the Korean unification movement: its issues and prospects, Bradley University, Peoria, IL, 1984.
- Eberstadt, Nicholas, Korea approaches reunification, M. E. Sharpe, Armonk, NY, 1995.
- Flassbeck, H, and Horn, GH (eds), German unification: an example for Korea, Dathmouth Publishing, Brookfield, 1996.
- Gordenker, Leon The United Nations and peaceful unification of Korea: the politics of field operations, 1947-1950, Martimus Nighoff, the Hague, 1959.
- Grinker, R, Korea, and its futures: unification and the unfinished war, MacMillam, Basingstoke, 2000.
- Kang, Young Hoon and Yim Yong-soon (eds.), Politics of Korean unification, Research Center for Peace and Unification, Seoul, 1977.
- Kim Hak-Joon, Wither path for the two Koreas in the 21st century: war, peace or unification, Jimoondang Publishing, Seoul, 1998.
- Kim, Se-jin, Problems of Korean unification, Research Center for Peace and Unification, Seoul, 1976.
- Kim, Young C., and Halpern, Abraham M.(eds.), The future of the Korean peninsula, Praeger Publishing, New York, 1977.
- Kim, Yun and Eui Hang Shin (eds.), Toward unified Korea: social, economic, political, and cultural impacts of the reunification of North and South Korea, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, 1995.
- Levin, N. D., The shape of South Korea’s future: South Korean attitudes towards unification and long-term security issues, Rand, Santa Monica, 1999.
- Moon Chung-In and Steinberg, DI (eds), The Kim Dae Jung government sunshine policy: promises and challenges, Yonsei University Press, Seoul, 1999.
- Pfennig, Werner (ed), United we stand, divided we are Comparative views on Germany and Korea in the 1990s, Abera Academic Press, Hamburg, 1997.
- Rhee Yong-Pil (Ed), Complexity of Korean unification process: a systems approach, Seoul National University Press, Seoul, 1998.
- Yang Un-Chul, The political economy of Korean unification: agenda preparation, Sejong Institute, Seoul, 1998.
Comparative studies of North and South Korea
- Gills, Barry, Korea versus Korea: political economy, diplomacy and contested legitimacy, Rutledge Publishing, New York, 1996.
- Hwang, Eui-gak, The Korean economics: a comparison of North and South, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1994.
- Kim, Ilpyong (ed.), Two Koreas in transition: implications for U. S. policy, Washington Institute Press, Washington, DC, 1998.
- Koh, Byung Chul, The foreign policy systems of North and South Korea, University of California Press, Berkeley, CA, 1984.
- Lee, Suck-Ho, Party-military relations in North Korea: A comparative analysis, Research Center for Peace and Unification, Seoul, 1989.
- Williams, Phil et al. (eds.), Security in Korea: war, stalemate, and negotiations, Westview Press, Boulder, CO, 1994.
- Yang, Sung Cul, The North and South Korean political systems: A comparative analysis, Westview Press, Boulder, CO, 1994.
Role of third countries in Korean unification
- Dujarric, Robert, Korean unification and after the challenge for US strategy, Hudson Institute, Indianapolis, 2000.
- Dujarric, Robert (Ed.), Korea: security pivot in Northeast Asia, Hudson Institute, Indianapolis, 1998.
- Eberstadt, Nicholas, The end of North Korea, American Enterprise Institute Press, Washington, 1999.
- Hart-Landsberg, M, Division, reunification and US foreign policy, Monthly Review Press, 1998.
- Kim Il-Pyong (ed), The two Koreas in transition: implications for US policy, In-Depth Books, Rockville, 1998.
- Kwak, Tae-Hwan (ed), The four powers and Korean unification strategies, Institute for Far Eastern Studies (IFES), Kyungnam University, Seoul, 1997.
- Lee Chae-Jin, A troubled peace: US policy and the two Koreas, John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 2006.
- Pollack, Jonathan and Lee, Chung-Min, Preparing for Korean unification, RAND, Santa Monica, 2000.
Diplomatic processes and Korean unification
- Chun Yung-Woo, North Korea’s negotiating behavior: the case of nuclear weapons development, Columbia University Press, Columbia, 1994.
- Downs, Chuck, Over the line: North Korea’s negotiating strategy, American Enterprise Institute, Washington, 1999.
- Koh, Byung-Chul, Korea: Dynamics of diplomacy and unification, Keck Center for International and Strategic Studies, Claremont, 2001.
- Lewis, James B., Frontier contact between Choson Korea and Tokugawa Japan, RoutledgeCurzon, New York, 2003.
- Kim, Eun-Young, A cross-cultural reference of business practices in a new Korea, Quorum Books, Westport, 1996.
- Korea Herald, Pyongyang ping-pong diplomacy: what achieved and not achieved, Korea Herald, Seoul, 1979.
- Saccone, Richard, Negotiating your way through Korea, Hollym, Seoul, 2001.
- Saccone, Richard, To the brink and back: negotiating with North Korea, Hollym, Seoul, 2003.
- Snyder, Scott, Negotiating on the Edge: North Korean Negotiating Behavior, United States Institute of Peace, Washington, 1999.
- Uden, Martin, Times past in Korea: an illustrated collection of encounters, customs and daily life recorded by visitors, Korea Library (Taylor and Francis Group), London, 2003.
- Xia, Yafeng, Negotiating with the enemy: US-China talks during the Cold War, 1949-1972, Indiana University Press, Bloomington, 2006.
Economic costs of unification
- Cheong Young-Rok (Ed.), International economic implications of Korean unification, (Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP), Seoul, 1997.
- Noland, Marcus, Economic integration of the Korean peninsula, Special Report 10, Institute for International Economics (IIE), Washington, 1998.
- Noland, Marcus, The economics of Korean unification, Institute for International Economics, Washington, 1997.